Saturday, November 22, 2008

ICS Industry Day at UH Manoa

On Last Thursday, November,20,2008 I went to participate ICS Industry Day at University of Hawaii at Manoa. Total of seven Hawaiian computing companies did presentation about their company and current their works. I went there at about noon and it seemed three companies already did their presentation. So, I was only able to see the presentations from Datahouse, Ikayzo and Camber. Ikayzo company's presentation was delayed to after the Camber company because the presenter was late. After the Ikayzo company's presentation, I had to leave the presentation to go to next class. The most interesting thing from Ikayzo's presentation was that the company made techhui and many famous companies(Oracle and Bank of America) are their clients. Other interesting thing from Ikayzo was they have own subvision system which is simmilar to Google Projects that we using for the ICS413 class.

Final Thought

I am an international student and I found that most of companies are hiring only US citizen. Even though I am planning to go back to Korea after my gradution, it was really good chance to learn how the local companies doing in here Hawaii.

No comments: