Friday, October 24, 2008

Review Other Group's Code

DueDate Project - Review
DueDate project is currently developing by many groups. I and my partner have been developing the project from last week. The detail of the project is described here. This week, we are assigned to review other group so that we can interact with other group members.

What I Learned From The Review
This was not the first time to review other people's code, however, at this time I had much more chances to learn about the tools for review other project. The first thing I did for the review was make our project on google to be ready for review from other group members. We copied our original source codes into the tag directory for this step. By doing this, I and my partner can keep developing our project without worry other people. After that I started to review other groups' project. During the reviews on the other group's work, I realized that why the wiki pages and JavaDoc are so important to satisfy the prime objective 2 and 3. Fortunately, all groups that I reviewed had pretty well written javaDocs and wiki pages on google project and this helped me to understand their code easier and faster.
On the other hand, our group has six reviewer and we got many advices and comments from them. It was so good to show our work to other people so that we can get useful thoughts and advices because it will save us a lot time to fix our source by ourselves.

Conclusion
I learned and found many good things from reviewing other groups' project for the same project. I was also exciting to find various approaches and solutions to the same problem that I had hard time to solve.

No comments: