Monday, December 8, 2008

Wicket Experience With Existing Project

Introduction

During last two weeks, our group duedates-alaka worked on duedates-1.2 project to enable web accessibility using Wicket. Our group members agreed to start this project from duedates-blue because we thought that starting from one project would be better. Duedates-alaka project can be downloaded for simple user and developer at here


Problems during the development

During the first software ICU feedback in the class, I found that my commit and build information were not sent to hackystat. I figured out that my sensor reported an error because it could not find other authors name in my configuration. I did not know why that was happening. Finally, I noticed that I did not update my hackystat sensors and I could solve this problem by downloading newer version of hackystat sensors and replaced it.


Group project

Duedates-akala group has four members: Arthur Shum, Daniel Arakaki, Daniel Tian, and me. At the beginning of the project, I had hard time to understand the base project. For the first few days of the project, what I did for the project was setting up hudson projects and hackystat for the group project and writing test cases for the project. Writing test cases for web pages that has Wicket enabled was a challenge to me and author helped me a lot when I wrote test case for the Wicket pages. I realized that the Wicket example that provided was very useful to understand the Wicket and it's structure.


Software ICU



Duedates-akala project's Coverage, Complexity, Coupling and Churn data displayed with green colors and we can assume that our group project has a healthy project status. the bar-graph for coupling is displayed in red because Coupling status has been increased slightly. However, the number is still below 10 and we still can say that our project is healthy.


Experience with Wicket

I could learn more about the Wicket during this project. It was challenge to me to write test case for our main homepage because our homepage is secured page by using login id and password. Since the program read information from user's .duedates/duedates.xml file, it was hard to implement log inprocess in test cases. Therefore, we added a alternative constructor that enables initialization of id and password from the passed instance.  


No comments: